Github user bodewig commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/54

    Sorry if I sounds bossy here, this is not at all what I'm trying to be.
It's more like your user asking you to verify your product improvements are
actually improvements for them. :-)

    I'm certainly not against improvements, neither continuous nor as bigger
bangs.

    TBH I don't really care for the content of a write-once Ivy file much, but
that may be just me. Maybe I'm (a bit) old-fashioned, I actually really want to
upload files to Nexus and svn manually rather than automate this, as this is
the step where I personally verify all artifacts one more time before calling
for a vote.

    We probably should move the upload discussion to the dev list and really
focus on the fetch part here.

---