On 2018-03-01, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis <
>> g.grigelio...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I tried then to use the replacement tags as consistently as possible in
>>> such a large body of text, but I realised that we perhaps need a kind of a
>>> style guide. Would you like to discuss it? Where would it best fit in the
>>> source code tree?

> I'm not convinced I want to have any kind of rules keep people from
> writing docs :-)

This comment isn't fair and I should have known better, sorry.

Whenever people who are new to Open Source ask where to contribute I
first point out that it is supposed to be fun and they should pick the
thing they enjoy most.

For most developers I know (including myself) writing documentation is
not something they enjoy. It's a chore that needs to get done. Having a
style guide can help or it can make things worse. If it provides a
guideline that makes it easier to write proper documentation, then it
probably is a welcome tool. What I wouldn't want to see is a set of
rules that get enforced and may even prevent people from writing
documentation - but I don't think this is what Gintas suggested.

And of course there are the rare folks who actually enjoy writing
docs. All power to them :-)