At my first read of the code I wondered if paths ending with slash are properly
handled in every case. After more careful reading, it is seems ok. Maybe some
unit tests about it would be nice, just to be sure.

Then, about tackling the bug, I am on the same page as you both. It looks good
to me.

Nicolas