I just checked the commits related to this and it looks mostly correct. However, I am still not 100% sure we have covered it all with this new method that was introduced[1] and used in the unzip part. What I mean is, the API expectations are right. However the implementation _might_ need a bit of rethink since it still relies on path string comparison (checks like endsWith) instead of a getParent() check. My suspicion is all theoretical at the moment and may not even be valid. I'm going to build the latest changes of Ant give it a try against a bunch of my theoretical use cases and see if my suspicions are really valid or not.

[1] https://github.com/apache/ant/commit/6a41d62cb9ab4e640b72cb4de42a6c211dea645d

-Jaikiran

On 01/07/18 2:57 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On 2018-06-28, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

On 2018-06-28, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
Which then makes me wonder - in the context of this specific
untar/expand/unzip issue, should we probably be using a different
custom very specific logic (which relies on canonical files and
getParent()) instead of a call to isLeadingPath()?
Probably. I used isLeadingPath because it has been already there - and )
simply didn't realize it wouldn't do what I expected it to.
I decided to "fix" isLeadingPath for this edge case and add a method
using canonical paths instead - and use that in unzip and friends.

Please have a look at the proposed solution, I won't close the Bugzilla
issue before we have agreed this is the proper fix.

Cheers