On 07/10/21 11:27 am, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
If the goal of 1.10.12 is to be compilable on Java 17,

This 1.10.12 release of Ant (like our previous releases) is a bug fix release. Ant 1.10.x require a Java 8+ runtime. This release changes nothing on that front. One of the bug fixes in this release is a javadoc task fix that is only applicable for Java 17 - that's the only "relevance" of Java 17 to this release. Like previous 1.10.x releases we have been making sure users and projects using Ant can use Ant to build their projects using latest Java versions of their choice.

  shouldn't unit tests
for script-related tasks in Ant core be complemented with an assumption
that Rhino, Nashorn or Graal JS is around?

I'm not sure what kind of assumption you mean. Is there any specific test case you have in mind? Our CI jobs run against various versions of Java, including early access releases and even the recently released Java 17. None of our tests have shown any relevant failures in these releases. If this is more of a general suggestion for our test cases in Ant and if this doesn't have an impact on the vote of this release, please create a separate thread to discuss that.

-Jaikiran