I agree with what Stefan notes in his mail. Some years back when I started contributing to Ivy, I realized that the documentation (formal or informal) related to the internal implementation details of Ivy is non-existent. Sometimes I had to select a file, go over its commit history then go read all JIRAs that were part of those commit logs and even then, a lot of the information was either missing or outdated. At that time, I used to use Ivy in some of our projects, so I could keep refreshing with the code base and relate to it, so that whenever I had to fix a bug or add something, I had the previous collected knowledge of the Ivy code already fresh (to some extent) in my mind. It's now been some years since I have used Ivy and I no longer have the Ivy codebase knowledge in my mind. Like Stefan noted, these recent vulnerability fixes took the Ant team a lot of time and energy to fix because of these issues. Personally, I don't expect myself to have the ability to continue contributing to Ivy.

As for IvyDE, on the development front, it has seen no movement. I am not even sure if it builds with the current Eclipse versions. I hadn't contributed to it, but I remember that when releasing Ivy 2.5.0, it was struggle to update the IvyDE update site.

-Jaikiran