Hey everyone,

I am currently extending the ApexCli so that the `shutdown-app` command
supports the both the appId and the appName as an argument (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-767
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-767>)

During the review of the pull request, the following discussion came up:

When a user passes multiple appNames / appIds to the shutdown command (e.g.
shutdown-app appA appB appC) and e.g. appB does not exists, which one of the
two approaches do we want to go:

"Best effort”: Try to shutdown all those apps where we can find an app to the
provided appName or appId. Print a warning if an app cannot found.

“Validate and Fail”: Validate that all apps can be found by the provided appId
/ appName. Do not run the command if one of the apps can’t be found

This decision would probably influence the behavior of other CLI commands in
the future as well, so that they all behave in a consistent way. What are your
opinions?

Regards

Florian