I would vote for dead PRs to be ideally closed.

However, I was wondering if we are being too stringent on the timelines. The
reason I raise this is in some of the previous pull requests I was told that
the committer would be merging after waiting for a few days. Since the
definition of few is not fixed, may I request  we define some timelines for the
commit time windows as well so that we have sufficient gap between these two
time windows ?

Regards,
Ananth