Hi Simon,
 and thanks for your answer and the classloader-sample-code,

normally if you have the oo-jars (all from oo-home/program/classes) in
your classpath (manifest or CLASSPATH or with the -cp switch) the
libraries are found. There is a helüper-class, which load the

If you want to deploy your application together with the oo-jars (in a
relative subdirectory) the native-libraries cannot be found.
OK

If I understand you correct and you want to deploy your application
(some mails above on this list) on different systems and OS. You have to
find a way to set the correct-classpath and native-ölibrary-path on the
target system.
OK. That's what I want to do; deploy my application (if possible as a single java JAR) to users which use different OSses and have their OOs in different locations.
I do not need to have officebean.jar in my JAR, but I'll explain why that would have helped in the next paragraph. I won't do it, anyway, because this obviously is not the way it's ment to be.

You can use start-scripts (run.bat run.sh) which create a classpath and
launch your application with java -cüüp mypath my.package.Main. But the users have to set the OO-path by hand before. In this case you
cannot use a selfstarting jar.
OK. Additionally, I can not use a selfstarting JAR if I do not have a classloader or a launcher application that changes the JAR-Manifest according to the user's OO-location because a java -jar-Application won't react on the -cp-Argument nor or the CLASSPATH-environment. (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/findingclasses.html, "The JAR archive specified by the -jar option, which overrides all other values. If this option is used, all user classes come from the specified archive.")

You can develop your own Launcher and add the oo-jars from
the target-system to your application.

Example:

On the windows-platform you will get problems if the oo-home/program
directory is not int the %PATH%. You can preload the native-libs, but
you need the right order of the libs and this can simple changed by
newer OO-releases.

Do you mean this order can change in a newer OO-release or this problem can be resolved by using a newer OO-release?

I hope this can help.
very much, thank you