Am Sa, den 29.01.2005 schrieb Darragh Sherwin um 18:15:
> Marc,

Hi Darragh,

> Marc Santhoff wrote:
> > In a text document, how can i get a XTextCursor at the current position
> > of the ViewCursor?
>
> viewCursor = document.getCurrentController().getViewCursor()
> textCursor = document.Text.createTextCursor()
>
> //TextCursors include the TextRange service
> viewCursorRange = viewCursor.getEnd()
>
> textCursor.gotoRange( viewCursorRange )

This works (as expected), but I've been unclear in my question:

In fact I want to have a TextCursor at the same position in the main
text as the ViewCursor. The cause is that A ViewCursor doesn't implement
the optional interface XDodumentInsertable, a TextCursor does.

I think the way I used was lengthly but okay. I can change it using a
smaller step to get a selection and fetch the selections TextRanges end.

This may be worth an issue, it would be nice to have without letting the
cursor jump around...

Thank you very much,
Marc