Tom Schindl wrote:
Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

we have started some time ago with our code snippet base where Tom Schindle did a great work and also Paolo Mantovani who created the code snippet wizard.
I would like to invite all of you to submit code snippets for often used API's or often asked questions. I think it so important to have a good base of code snippets which helps people to solve their problems fast or simple get started. I have promised that i will submit one snippet per week and i must apologize that i haven't reached my personal goal but i will work on it when i have time ;-)

The upcoming MS Office Developer Studio will come with a bunch of code snippets for often used API's. Everything is well integrated and the user have only to click here and there, fill in some gaps (controlled navigation from gap to gap) and has then a working macro.
We will probably not reach this kind of IDE integration but we can provide a good code snippet base. And of course it is possible to take this code snippets, convert them all to Java for example and create an extension for NetBeans or Eclipse. Any volunteers here?

Yes. I'm a eclipse lunatic. Could you give more information what you have in mind about the plugin. I have only used SWT/Jface outside of eclipse but writting plugins and using RPC-Framework is on my todo list a now I have found a project to give it a start ;-)

In the first step a plugin which integrates the SDK, integrate API jar files so that code completion is supported and integration of the IDL reference (which should be javadoc conform) to have context sensitive help.

In the second step i think about several wizarsds.
I have started to work on a uno-skeletonnmaker. This tool can be used and called with appropriate parameters to generate code skeletons for components. A wizard would collect the necessary info and would call the generator. Advantage is the generator can be used from a NetBeans plugin as well or from command line for the vi freaks ;-) (no not me i am prefer emacs but it's the same).

Juergen

Tom

- Juergen