sorry for the previous post, I accidentally pressed something in my
keyboard....

Hi all,

me again :-)
after a second reading of the IDL documentation, I realized that probably,
I've initially misunderstood the point

Anyway the intersting (but problematic) part of the document says:

struct com.sun.star.util.SearchResult

  subRegExpressions

[....omissis...] For regular expressions it can be greater than 1. If the
value is 1, startoffset[0] and endoffset[0] points to the matching sub string
if value is > 1, still startoffset[0] and endoffset[0] points to the matching
substring for whole regular expression startoffset[i] and endoffset[i] points
to the matching substring of i th matching substring.

I tried to define substrings in the search string using parenthesis, f.e.:

        searchString = "(so).*(xt)"
        textToSearch = "some text"

but the subRegExpressions value is always 1

how should I specify the search string in order to obtain a
subRegExpressions > 1 ?

thanks
Paolo