Ok, never mind..I figured out what I was doing wrong..I can run writer now, while my import script is running...

Sorry, for the misunderstanding.

Andrew

Andrew Jensen wrote:

No, we will not fix any issues in 1.x instead of security bug fixes.

Best regards,
Mathias

Just curios, if it is the case then that 1.x is finished, why the 1.1.5 release only a few months ago?

One of my concerns is this. I write database applications - I deliver these to a user. Right now, as far as I know they cannot start a second instance of OO 2.0 on their machines. So if they are running say a data import script or generating some reports all of OO2.0 is busy. They cannot edit writer files or anything else. One solution I thought about for the moment was to keep a copy of 1.1.5 on their machines, at least you can run one instance of each and while one is tied up with a long processing job the other can be used to keep working.

Now, that is not a very nice way to handle the lack of concurrency in OO but at least it is a solution. If you are saying however that 1.1.5 is not going to be patched when Bugs are found and that is that..then this is a problem.

Might seem like a small thing, but I don't think so.

Andrew