Jo wrote:

You should create a UNO package containing your Basic library and the toolbar configuration. This package can be deployed as a shared package (administrator rights are necessary) to provide access for all users of this office installation.

You shouldn't copy or modify anything directly, use the clean way by using a package. This has the advantage hat you can remove the whole package in clean way as well.

Hi Juergen,

I've spending all evening yesterday to find out how such a package needs to be set up. Do you have a url where I can find straightforward instructions? What file goes where. What do I put in the manifest file?

Now I have this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE manifest:manifest PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Manifest 1.0//EN" "Manifest.dtd">
<manifest:manifest>
   <manifest:file-entry
       manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.basic-library"
       manifest:full-path="script.xlb"/>          <manifest:file-entry
       manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.dialog-library"
       manifest:full-path="dialog.xlb"/>
</manifest:manifest>

Is a reference to the .xba file also needed? Or does it find that in the script.xlb file? How can I incorporate the information about the toolbar?

Assumed your Basic library has the name "MyBasicLib" your package should have the following structure:

META-INF/manifest.xml
Addons.xcu
MyBasicLib/dialog.xlb
MyBasicLib/script.xlb

and your META-INF/manifest.xml should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE manifest:manifest PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Manifest 1.0//EN" "Manifest.dtd">
<manifest:manifest xmlns:manifest="http://openoffice.org/2001/manifest";>
<manifest:file-entry manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.configuration-data"
                       manifest:full-path="Addons.xcu"/>
<manifest:file-entry manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.basic-library"
                       manifest:full-path="MyBasicLib"/>
</manifest:manifest>

More information around the package structure can be found in the Developers Guide (http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/Components/Components.xhtml#1_9_1_UNO_Package_Installation_Using_unopkg)

Juergen