Christoph Jopp ha scritto:
Hi Bart,

Hi Christoph,
and thank for your answer

I checked whether there is a general limit for arrays, but had no problems assigning 240000 (long) strings to an array on my system.

In your code your using LoadDataFromFile from the Tools library?

In this library 'Redim Preserve' is used to expand the array and in my opinion this copies the array to a temporary array and thus uses lots of system resources.

So I think system resources is what limits the reading of lines in this case.

You are right... I read on the web that Redim Preserve may be a performace trap... but I am not a programmer and I have a big problems on understand the matter...

As yet I used sometime the array, but always as a low level user... (copy/paste is my preferred style... :-) )

BTW I have tried (quiet very naive) to modifie LoadDataFromFile function on comment the lines with "Preserve Modifie".

In this way I obtaneid the Overflow in five seconds (instead 2 minutes)... :-(

reagards

Bart