Jan Füssel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have a question about the uno api. is it possible to extend an existing
> service via an own uno component?
> in my case, i want to add some special functions to the service "
> com.sun.star.text.textfield.Macro ".
> the new service should delegate all default calls to "original" service.
> i have tried to implement such component, but without success. Reading the
> devgiude, forums and other ressources
> didn't helped me.
>
> currently i'm not sure that such an approach is possible.
> i'm thankful for every hint, link or something else which could help me.

This service seems to be an "internal" service that is not
instantiatable without a certain context. I assume that you can
instantiate it only with the XMultiServiceFactory interface of a text
document, but not from the general service manager you either received
or bootstrapped. Such services very often are just UNO wrappers around
some C++ classes bound to other C++ classes so that these services are
not exchangeable.

Can you explain why you wanted to extend this service?

Best regards,

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".