Simon B. Margulies wrote:
Hi all,

I'm still evaluating open office as the new solution for my parents tax software, which has been built in excel with some vba scripts.
What do you think? Are there any developers using VBA in Open Office?
Is VBA supported in openoffice for windows AND os x?
Should all be ported to some other scripting language?

I suspect that I do not properly understand what you are proposing. Are you proposing to continue using VBA and then use that to access OOo? This would not be very cross-platform compatible.

Using Java should be, but it has a higher learning curve and you still need to learn the OOo API. Have you considered using StarBasic included with OOo?

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm