Am Dienstag, den 28.08.2007, 09:14 +0200 schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
> Marc Santhoff wrote:

> > I do not like wikis.
> well it's your personal opinion. but can i ask you if you have already
> submitted a snippet until today?

You're welcome.

I haven't submitted snippets myself for technical reasons, not
unwillingness.

If moved to the wiki it'll be the other way round. ;)

> > I like the snippets as they are now.
> >
> > Why invest so much time and work for making the wiki snippet-ready by
> > extending syntax highlighting and whatever if anything is already
> > running?
> As i mentioned before it is not so much time, it's quite easy.
>

> > Why drop the very nice and matured work of Paolo and Tom and start anew?
> It is just the idea to renew the idea of a huge and useful snippet
> collection. This time with a wiki because i think a wiki has some
> advantages.
>
> Well i see that some people don't like the wiki idea, maybe we can
> improve the current snippet site to make contributions and maintenance
> easier.

That was the reason for me to speak up. I think having other ways of
submitting snippets could solve the bottleneck showing up when Tom is on
vacation. Maybe a special mail address will do.

I understand that moving to the wiki is an attempt to lower the barriers
for submissions. Couldn't there be a
cross-publishing-contents-synchronisation-engine for having both, wiki
and website?

Marc
--
"Hey you, go back to work!" - my boss