Did the tests, only Native, FlatText and Spreadhseet connections do not suffer from this memory leaks. Easy to verify, open and close some tables and check the memory on your machine. Only after closing OO you get the memory back.

Fernand Vanrie wrote:
After remaking the same table structures in a Native OO base as on the SQL server I can only confirm the memory leaks

- when opening a table
- when having a form with subforms and clicking in the tablegrid of the mainform causes also a memory leak.

can anyone confirm this behaviour ?

Tomorow i do the same test with a MySQL server and the JDBC driver and comeback with the results

Fernand

When using a ODBC connection to a MSQL datatbase on a Windows Machine the used Memory is constantly expanding .
- When opening a Table with the GUI
the used memory is not released when the table is closed. only after closing the Base-Document the memory is released
- opening a connection with the API
I tried connection.close and connection.dispose but only after closing the Form or the Base-Document, the memory is released

Is there a possible problem with my ODBC connection or is this a kwown problem with Base ?

Thanks for any hint

Fernand