Hi *,

reading this
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/i18n/LanguageCountryInfo.html
and knowing what is returned for other languages ("en_GB" for exmaple), I wonder how it is possible that for my local Dutch installation, I get only "nl" as return value in this function:

  sProvider = "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationProvider"
  sAccess   = "com.sun.star.configuration.ConfigurationAccess"
  oConfigProvider = createUnoService(sProvider)
  oParm(0).Name = "nodepath"
  oParm(0).Value = "/org.openoffice.Setup/L10N"
  oSet = oConfigProvider.createInstanceWithArguments(sAccess, oParm())

  OOoLangue = oSet.getbyname("ooLocale")  ' might be xx_XX of only xx

However ...
since I need language and country in the service com.sun.star.resource.StringResourceWithLocation (thanks to Ariel), I fool the program with the following lines.

  OOoLanguage = Lcase(Left(trim(OOoLangue),2))
  OOoCountry = UCase(Right(trim(OOoLangue),2))

Which retuns 'nl' and 'NL' or 'en' and 'GB' etc...

But that might be wrong in some situations. Plus that I don not understand what really is the cause of this.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws    -    nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
=  "2008: The Year of 3"  =  www.nieuwsteoffice.nl  =