On 04/28/09 15:38, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 04/28/09 14:27, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
well, Win32 is only one platform, and experience tells that in
general, c++ extension *do* break between releases. But you're
right, that's not necessarily caused by ABI changes in the strict
meaning of the word, a case in point is the 3 layer OOo rework.
Hu?

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=24706
and
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=24718
for example.

Maybe I am dumb, but I do not find any mention of broken C++ OOo extensions in those two mails.

And of course with symbol interposing on elf-based platforms, you
get all the fun if someone injects names into the OOo process that
are normally bound to e.g. another version of a shipped external
lib...

I do not see how that would relate to the topic of this thread.

-Stephan