But for long term clarity, apr_ is definately clearer.  I wouldn't worry
about the short-term pain.  I'm a very strong +1 on that issue.

> We also have some other tweaky things such as the HOOK macros. You may have
> noticed that Ryan had to undo the APR rename. I haven't looked into it, but
> I bet it was because we don't have all the right APR_DECLARE macro magic
> available. Could have also been that he didn't want to change all of the
> users of the macros :-)

Aren't we including "apr.h" from the apr header, and building apr prior to
apr-util?  I'd suggest this is manditory.  apr-util should let apr do the 90%
of the work required.

There is a much bigger problem ... the simple wrappers that add the linkage
specs _must_ move back into apache, I'll do that in a bit.

Bigger issues;

Why do we add the additional complexity of a src/ directory within apr-util?
Can't we keep to the same simplicity as apr itself?  Suggesting, therefore,
that we aught to have apr-util/buckets rather than apr-util/src/buckets.
The extra branch doesn't accomplish anything for us, and makes it harder
to jump between repositories.

Bill