Instead of creating a new mmap, how about using the same one
and adding a reference count?
--Brian

Cliff Woolley wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

Your right, this can do that.  However, we really can't keep that from
happening.  In reality, the mmap_setaside function should just map it back
to a file opened out of the new pool.

Hmmm... why's that?  Once the file is MMAPed, you don't even need the
original file to be open anymore (you don't have a reference to it
anyhow).  The OS's MMAP doesn't know anything about pools, so all we
have to do is transfer the apr_mmap_t structure itself over to a new
pool and we're done.  What am I missing?

Obviously I was missing the same thing as I was missing on the file_cleanup() thing, which is the simple fact that the original MMAP might get deleted by the pool cleanup on the old pool. I don't know where my brain is today.

Anyway, the problem is not 100% solved.  We need to make ourselves a new
MMAP to the file that we know won't get deleted.  But to do that we need
the original apr_file_t, which we don't have, and which might not even be
open anymore.  Hmmm... tricky...  What do we do, store the file path in
the apr_mmap_t and reopen it?  Bleh, that's ugly...

--Cliff

-------------------------------------------------------------- Cliff Woolley [EMAIL PROTECTED] Charlottesville, VA