Aaron Bannert wrote:

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 07:59:19PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:55:10AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

You also haven't mentioned how many LWPs it stabilized at after
10 seconds? Did Solaris choose to add a LWP for each user thread? I have a feeling it wouldn't, but I may be wrong. -- justin

I'll follow up this reply with some real numbers.

Uniprocessor Solaris 8 (7/01) i86pc (Athlon) worker MPM ApacheBench with 10 concurrent requests to a very large shtml page. I'm getting around 150r/s average.

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         1
MaxClients           1
MinSpareThreads      5
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

The worker MPM has these userspace threads:

main (signal handler) thread
thread_starter
1x listener_thread
ThreadsPerChild number of worker_threads

'top' is reporting 28 LWPs after hitting around 60,000 requests as fast as AB can go (I hit it for at least a few minutes).

So that's 25 ThreadsPerChild + 3 builtin threads (door server, door
client, reaper) = 28, so yeah, it stabalized to the number of simultaneous
requests I expect to handle (aka the number of worker threads).

How were you handling 25 simultaneous requests with just
10 concurrent connnections in ab?

--Brian