On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:44:33AM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> libtool 1.3 has problems with intra-library dependencies. This is making
> some of the dependency stuff in apr(-util) a bit more complicated than it
> needs to be.
>
> The simple answer is to require libtool 1.4.

Are there any platforms do _not_ support libtool 1.4 or have problems
with it? What about specific versions of 1.4 (like 1.4.2 on AIX for
example)? If so, I don't want to get in to the version nightmare that
projects like PHP have gotten themselves in to. OTOH, if we can minimize
the problems that certain platforms have with 1.4, then I am a big +1
for this.

-aaron