Jeff Trawick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Greg Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > libtool 1.3 has problems with intra-library dependencies. This is making
> > some of the dependency stuff in apr(-util) a bit more complicated than it
> > needs to be.
> >
> > The simple answer is to require libtool 1.4.
>
> Two concerns:
>
> 1) libtool 1.4.2 fails on HP-UX.  One of the Apache tarballs was
>    created with libtool 1.4.2 but it didn't work on HP-UX.  Maybe
>    1.4.x works on HP-UX.

Madhu Mathihalli mentioned to me off-line yesterday that there was a
problem with 1.4.2 on HP-UX with its use of temporary files.  He was
going to look further.

> 2) Don't be surprised if libtool doesn't properly support this feature
>    everywhere (e.g., AIX).  Isn't this what we found was broken with
>    libtool 1.4.2 on AIX?
>
> If somebody has a patch, I'm willing to try it on AIX and HP-UX.

I see that Justin has posted a patch to use the dependencies.  I'll
try to test it soon-ish (hopefully tonight) to make sure it doesn't
mess up an Apache build on AIX.

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...