William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> >apr_time_t must be in seconds.  If folks want APR to keep time in
> >microseconds, then they had bloody well change the type name
> >accordingly.
>
> apr_time_t must nothing :-)  Let's discuss *should(s)*
>
> time_t is seconds.  I love the idea of apr_time_usec_t and apr_time_sec_t
> names rather that something as ambigous as apr_time_t (which is misleading,
> I agree.)

Agreed. But, IMO, it *is* documented that apr_time_t is microsecond
resolution. If people make assumptions then, well, that's bad, but
not really a showstopper as far as I'm concerned.

Now the nastyness of 64bit mult/division when we (always) need second
resolution is another. Sure would be nice if it was an exact power of 2 :)
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/