Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:

> can someone please illuminate me what needs to be done to have a
> single source file be compiled and linked on all platforms?
>
> I'd like to see this:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/200705.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> included in APR. It's been discussed in december 2006 too:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/200612.mbox/browser
>
> It's an implementation of "rm -d -r" based only on APR objects.

Of course, it's too late to extend the 1.2 api, this could be backported
to 0.9 if you desired, and added to trunk of course.

1. drop the file in unix/
2. add a new #SOURCE section in the libapr.dsp and apr.dsp win32 build
   files which add that new source (pointing to the unix tree).
3. for other platforms which -exist- (don't add a platform, the build will
   default to unix/ where another doesn't exist) add the same-named source
   consisting of nothing but an #include "../unix/foo.c" which means we have
   only one source to maintain.
4. add to the NW build (ENOCLUE offhand, you might look at a recent commit
   or someone else might pipe in).