Back in July I submitted a pair of alternative patches with the intent of
providing LDAP rebind callback support when chasing referrals with MSAD 2003+
utilized as the LDAP server and Apache+mod_ldap as the client. I provided
both an Apache-only solution and a mixed APR+Apache solution. The Apache only
solution was provided in an effort to speed the process. At the time there
was no discussion of the patches.

I believe the mixed solution is the more appropriate one, so I am resubmitting
only that one in parts. The attached link provides the APR portion of the patch
and must be applied/committed to trunk before the Apache portion of the code
can be committed.

The APR portion of the patch:

http://people.apache.org/~rederpj/APR-trunk_rebind.diff

I don't have karma to commit the APR portion, but I can't proceed with the
Apache portion until the APR part has been committed.

For reference (and being submitted separately to Apache dev) here is the
Apache portion of the patch.

http://people.apache.org/~rederpj/Apache-trunk_rebind.diff

--
Paul J. Reder