On 10/08/09 17:15, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:

IMHO every module should have an configure option to either
build statically or as DSO, not as right now (all or none)

-1... yes it might be present, but it is a waste of process resource
to have a fixed binding for the 90% of apr apps that don't make ldap
queries.  The idea is to pull in only the bindings used and save
a bunch of effort in the run time linker resolution table.  It gets
worse and worse as apr offers more lib support.  And this is nothing
more than what 'just in time' run time linking does, anyways, only
we rolled our own.  Do we need 15 additional libraries loaded for
'hello world'?

I simply hate when people start throwing -1's all over the places.
This is what? Your 1000th -1?.

I didn't said it should be default linked in, but it should have
an option to decide at compile time weather to build it statically
or as a module. OTOH if application needs ldap then its a waste of
time and resource to call the LoadLibrary (or do that 15 times for each
additional module)

Regards
--
^TM