On , Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Justin Erenkrantz

jus...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else seen this behavior? Anybody have any clever

> workarounds? -- justin

Using apr_pollset_create_ex() with APR_POLLSET_SELECT allows serf to

be happy on Win32.

Besides connect() failing, there is at least one other failure due to

WSAPoll [1] - I'm not terribly sure that this should be the default

given how sketchy this API appears to be. Thoughts? I don't really

want to put an #ifdef Win32 to avoid using the default in

serf...but...well... -- justin

1. http://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=74

Can you outline the idioms you refer to that prefer a select() implementation?

iow, how different are they from

apr_socket_create
set socket nonblocking with no timeout
apr_socket_connect()