On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 09:37 +1100, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> I'm going to run some tests to see whether I get final hashes
> that have similar upper bits.

The test reveals that many upper bits are the same without the latest
patch. With my latest patch, I get that fixed (i.e. the final hash is
perturbed a lot better).

So, I think I should apply it.

PS. Because we are starting from the same starting point (the seed), it
is not surprising that it takes a bit more to perturb the final hash
better. The *33 is essentially <<5 + original value. So, it takes a few
more cycles to get all 32 bits (my platform's unsigned int) perturbed.

--
Bojan