On 12 Mar 2014, at 12:35, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:52 PM, WR - Widyachacra Rajapaksha | විද්‍යාචක්‍ර
> <widyacha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, can't reply to the original: Mac mail dislikes it and has just crashed
three
or four times when I try to view it(!)  But I can see it at Bugzilla #56255.

> I'm getting the bellow error while building the RPM using rpmbuild -tb
> apr-util-1.5.3.tar.bz2 and I couldn't find a solution to resolve this from
> the internet. Now I stuck & can't seem to figure out what to do next. Your
> help will be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm.  I didn't realise apr-util shipped with any kind of support for
rpmbuild, and this problem suggests to me it should perhaps be
marked as unsupported.

I see:
> RPM build errors:
>    File not found by glob:
> /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/apr-util-1.5.3-1.x86_64/usr/lib64/apr-util-1/apr_dbd_pgsql*

from which I guess you built and installed as per apr-util.spec,
and that your build detected and installed the other DBD drivers in
apr-util.spec but not pgsql?

So while pgsql support is optional in apr-util's normal build, rpmbuild is
treating
the absence of the pgsql driver as a fatal error?  The same logic appears to
apply to all the DBD drivers.  Isn't that a recipe for trouble when someone
tries
rpmbuild with not all the optional dependencies installed?

--
Nick Kew

  • APR-UTI... WR - Widyachacra Rajapaksha | විද්‍යාචක්‍ර
    • Re... Jeff Trawick
      • ... Nick Kew
        • ... Graham Leggett
        • ... WR - Widyachacra Rajapaksha | විද්‍යාචක්‍ර
          • ... WR - Widyachacra Rajapaksha | විද්‍යාචක්‍ර
    • Re... Graham Leggett