Several years ago, we combined the functionality of apr and apr-util,
and that library no longer draws in sub-dependencies until specific
components are necessary (dbm providers, dbd providers, crypto
providers etc).

It seems overtime that we produce a release based on that effort, I'm
offering in absence of other volunteers to prepare an -alpha candidate
in mid-September.

We don't work on the same clock as downstream distributors, so
whatever effort we make in Sept won't see broad distribution until
2016.  But if the httpd, svn and other consumers have successfully
integrated with the 2.0 trunk/ development effort, it seems like this
is a good time to begin to make that happen.

Thoughts/comments/roadblocks/showstoppers?

Bill