Hi.

I try to package in dual-ABI (i.e., 32-bit and 64-bit modes) - with binaries (and scripts) from the 64-bit side.
In other words, only the libraries are "dual".

I just noticed that the build-1/libtool sets a dependancy to 64-bit compiles.

root@x064:[/data/prj/apache/apr-util-1.6.1]lslpp -w /opt/build-1/libtool
  File Fileset               Type
  /opt/build-1/libtool
aixtools.apache.apr.rte        File
root@x064:[/data/prj/apache/apr-util-1.6.1]grep q64 /opt/build-1/libtool
LTCFLAGS="-I/opt/include -O2 -qmaxmem=-1 -qarch=pwr5 -q64"

I know how to 'fix it' in that I shall just remove the -q64 from the LTCFLAGS define. If you wanted to consider making this more automatic you could set a condition such that when
OBJECT_MODE=64 the flag -q64 is added, otherwise - not used.

FYI!

regards,

Michael