I upgraded to 11 in the meantime, same behavior. Yes, dev mode is no
problem. It looks like I get script errors in sammy.0.7.4.js - line 111
column 5 (object doesn't support this action, or sth like that, I'm on a
German Windows and roughly translated whats there).

And then after a while "Load timeout for modules: utils, archiva.main"

Also in the settings I have "Intranet sites in compatibility mode"
enabled, which is printed on Info level to the console.

Does that help? Should I do / test sth specific?

I will now upgrade to the latest RC-branch build

Greetings
-Sascha-