Ok, you are right. Currently I'm just trying to understand how the things are
working. And sometimes I'm not sure, if there are special reasons, why things
are done as they are done, or not.
For the first shot I would like to add the jpa modules as additional modules,
only to find out if the implementation is working as expected and to
figure out, how to do the entityManager initialization in the different
runtime environments (maven-tomcat, the standalone app and WAR-File).
Getting rid of the jdo modules will be the next step.

Greetings

Martin