On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:53 AM Ran Ziv <r...@gigaspaces.com> wrote:

> Suneel, re mentioning 72 hours - note that I simply used the recommended
> template for these messages from here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-stdcxx-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43c1c0a0.7040...@roguewave.com%3E

I'll note this is an email from 10 years ago, and things have been refined
since then.  I plan to rewrite that guide to give better examples.  Here's
a more up to date example

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9fd77b14753bbde462bea06fc2e1c03d5cf5a89cea2fabd6751d805a@%3Cdev.ponymail.apache.org%3E

> John:
> Are you reading this off the README? If so, you'll notice that the
> installation section mentions that when installing ARIA from source, the
> command that should be executed is actually "pip install ." when you're
> inside the extracted dir.
>
> Regarding your other comments:
>  - DISCLAIMER file - apparently it was dropped from the manifest file
> somehow, i'll add it back.
>  - Is RAT to be used for Python projects as well? I thought it was
> Java-specific and I'm not familiar with similar tools for Python. We've
> done what we can to verify every code file has the license header.

RAT is a tool written in java that checks headers in all languages.  We
should have instructions on how to run it here.

>  - This is indeed the source release - There are indeed deltas between this
> and the repo files but that's because some files are unnecessary for users
> (e.g. docs generating files) while some aren't needed in the repo (e.g.
> docs generated files).

The source release is what's in your repo.  Source releases are for
everyone to consume.