Ok Tal, I agree with having a property datatype as version and using them in my
implementations. But to re-iterate I see the support for version metadata for
different types ( node, artifact, attribute, capability, requirements ) in
TOSCA 1.0 profile too. You can check the section starting from "3.6.3 Artifact
Type".

Example from SPEC:

3.6.8.2
Grammar
Node Types
have following grammar
:
<
node_type_name
>:
derived_from: <
parent_node_type_name

version: <
version_number

node_type_description

properties:
<
property_definitions

attributes:
<
attribute_definitions

requirements:
-
<
requirement_definitions

capabilities:
<
capability_definitions

interfaces:
<
interface_definitions

artifacts:
<
artifact_definitions

Even am trying to understand the use-case which can be mapped to version
support with each of types.

        Is it like we can have same custom node types with different version in
my service template ?
        In that case how can the node template choose a particular version of
the custom node type ?
        Or Is the version only for the template author to track changes about
custom types over time ?

Regards,
DJ