To my eyes, the spec doesn't speak of runtime service substituion, but
parsetime template composition.  IOW, substitution mapping is a fancy
"include", or the equivalent of an interface definition.  Is it understood
by the ARIA team that this includes proxying of running services?  IOW, if
my template requires a database service that my template does *not* want to
control the lifecycle of, I can "substitution map" an instance of a
template (i.e. a running service)?  This would be a lovely feature, but
it's not really a "substitution map", rather more of a "service proxy" (as
implemented as a plugin in Cloudify).   Just trying to clarify.  Maybe the
community thinks that "substitution map" as something that occurs beyond
parsetime, or should.