The sensible defaults Tal's mentioned sound indeed sensible to me.
I'd also like users to have control over this, though I'm a bit worried
about us getting too carried away with how arbitrarily we use policies for
configuring, well, pretty much anything. It might not be a problem right
now but I'm not certain that will remain the case in the future when the
number of them grows..