It means you have commitment to the project. :)

Being a committer is not just about rights to push code, but also provides
other admin rights on resources as well as voting rights (you need to be a
committer to join the PMC, or Project Management Committee) for releases
and for accepting other committers.

For more information: https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html