Ah I see what you did here. I made a similar mistake early on.

        The set of pip commands is to install the finished, released edition
from the PyPy distribution. That is what we we refer to as the “user” release.

        The install you do later with git, etc… is what you do for a “developer
release” or “source build” (i.e.: you build and assemble aria from scratch
locally).

        Generally speaking, you choose one or the other just to ensure you
don’t clobber the other one but I am sure you can install
run both successfully if you are careful. But for the purposes of working on
the project, the advice is to stick with one or the other. I actually
created a separate VM for my “user” installation that is a clean VM that just
installs pip and aria for testing.  We created a Docker container
version of this just last week making doing that even easier.

        —Tom