I think as the parser is no bundle the whole version checks do not work correctly. So it might make sense to make it a bundle to at least make sure the checks can work on it. Another possible solution would be to try to merge the parser with core for later versions. I am not sure why there is the separation at all.

To make this work without further changes we would need to bump the version of parser to 1.4.0. What do you think?

Christian