In my previous mail I started a discussion about moving the CXF DOSGi code to Aries. As there was no negative feedback I am starting a vote to create a new subproject and move the non CXF specific code over to aries.

I propose the name Aries Remote Service Admin (aries-rsa) as a name.

The goal of the project is to implement the remote service admin spec in a very slim way with as few external dependencies as possible. A secondary goal is to provide an API for providers that allows to implement new transports and serializations in a very simple way.

An initial code structure could look like this:
/rsa
    /parent
    /core
        /topology-manager
        /provider-api
        /rsa-core
    /discovery
        /local
        /zookeeper
    /provider
        /rmi
    /itests
    /features
    /examples

The CXF specific provider will remain at CXF.
I think we do not need to provide a full distribution like in CXF-DOSGi.
A karaf feature should make sense though.

To make it easy for current developers of CXF DOSGi to participate in the new development I propose that we keep the barrier low when voting for an aries committer if he is committer in CXF
and already involved in CXF DOSGi.

Please vote
  [  ] +1 Create Aries Remote Service Admin subproject
  [  ] -1 Do not

Here is my
+1

Christian