Hey Guys, any feedback on the Arrow report?
Arrow is a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate big
It houses a set of canonical in-memory representations of flat and
data along with multiple language-bindings for structure manipulation. It
provides IPC and common algorithm implementations.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- Arrow made its first release.
- In preparation of the release, multiple discussions were focused on
formalizing various Arrow specification details.
- Discussion was good and we reworked some integration to invert the
dependency model between the Parquet project and the Arrow project.
- A new Arrow file format was defined and implemented in both Java and C++.
- Community members covered Arrow at multiple conferences including Strata
- Arrow <> Parquet interchange has been made available in both Java and
- The new Arrow file format is planned to be used to move forward on both
cross-language IPC implementations and enabling cross-language
## Health report:
- The first release is a good step in engaging a broader range of
and users. Having bits for use, albeit alpha, allows us to engage a wider
range of engineers.
- We need to continue to add new examples and more documentation to better
describe how to use and extend Arrow.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 17 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Abdel Hakim Deneche on Tue Jan 19 2016
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 20 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Ippokratis Pandis at Thu Feb 18 2016
- 0.1.0 was released on Wed Oct 12 2016
## JIRA activity:
- 95 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 73 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months