Thanks for the feedback all. Final report I submitted below.

Uwe, good catch on Java <> Parquet. Mental hiccup on my part...we don't
have that yet :P

Arrow is a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate big
data.
It houses a set of canonical in-memory representations of flat and
hierarchical
data along with multiple language-bindings for structure manipulation. It
also
provides IPC and common algorithm implementations.

## Issues:

- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
- Arrow made its first release.
- In preparation of the release, multiple discussions were focused on
  formalizing various Arrow specification details.
- Discussion was good and we reworked some integration to invert the
  dependency model between the Parquet project and the Arrow project.
- A new Arrow file format was defined and implemented in both Java and C++.
  It is also available from Python.
- Community members covered Arrow at multiple conferences including Strata
  NYC.
- Arrow <> Parquet interchange has been made available in C++.
- The new Arrow file format is planned to be used to move forward on both
  cross-language IPC implementations and enabling cross-language
compatibility
  tests.
- We've seen good growth in the Arrow developer mailing list, having
increased
  to 467 subscribers (up 43 in the last 3 months):

## Health report:
- The first release is a good step in engaging a broader range of
contributors
  and users. Having bits for use, albeit alpha, allows us to engage a wider
  range of engineers.
- We need to continue to add new examples and more documentation to better
  describe how to use and extend Arrow.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 17 PMC members.
- Last PMC addition was Abdel Hakim Deneche on Tue Jan 19 2016

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 20 committers.
- Last committer addition was Ippokratis Pandis at Thu Feb 18 2016

## Releases:

- 0.1.0 was released on Wed Oct 12 2016

## JIRA activity: