Sure, the workflow is a little complicated, but we have the following code running in distributed databases (as accumulo iterators and hbase coprocessors). They process data rows and transform them into arrow records, then periodically write out record batches:

https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-index-api/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/index/iterators/ArrowBatchScan.scala#L79-L105

https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-arrow/geomesa-arrow-gt/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/arrow/io/records/RecordBatchUnloader.scala#L20

The record batches come back to a single client and are concatenated with a file header and footer (then wrapped in SimpleFeature objects, as we implement a geotools data store):

https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-index-api/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/index/iterators/ArrowBatchScan.scala#L265-L268

The resulting bytes are written out as an arrow streaming file that we parse with the arrow-js libraries in the browser.

Thanks,

Emilio