From: Julian Hyde [mailto:jhyde.apa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 7:50 PM
To: dev@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC Adapter for Apache-Arrow

How about writing an Arrow adapter for Calcite? I think it amounts to the same
thing - you would inherit Calcite’s SQL parser and Avatica JDBC stack.

Would this database be ephemeral (i.e. would the data go away when you close
the connection)? If not, how would you know where to load the data from?

Julian