Yes, explicitly invoking reAlloc() on vectors is not generally needed even
though it is provided as a public API. If the value capacity is not known
upfront or grows dynamically then setSafe() methods will take care of
internally expanding the buffer to store more data -- here we don't have
any fine grained control over the new size as we always double the buffer.